By Howard Turoff – [email protected]
Post-Superbowl, Pre-Spring Training Open Houses in Hoboken
I hope everyone enjoyed last week’s exciting Superbowl. I’m sure however, that all the sellers who (correctly) canceled their Sunday open houses assuming all the buyers would be out partying and looking forward to the game felt a twinge of sadness that the beautiful, warm Sunday house-hunting weather was wasted. Let’s hope the weather Gods bless us with another mild weekend this week.
Below is the map key. New listings (less than 10 days on the market) will be indicated with a “push pin” instead of a “bubble”. The colors work the same way as always:
- Red dots are for 1 bedroom condos
- Green dots are 2 bedroom condos
- Yellow dots are 3 bedroom condos & houses
- The Deal of the Week is indicated with a bright, yellow dollar sign.
- Markers with a dot in the center are Open Houses from a week ago that are not having open houses this weekend. Properties that have not had Open Houses two weeks in a row have been dropped from the map.
There are many units that are likely to have open houses again in the near future (even if they are not necessarily having one this weekend). We keep the prior week on the map as it saves us input-time in preparing future maps.
In addition to the posts I mentioned last week (The Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up , and the December Results – Part 1) be sure to look for the monthly statistics for January ’09 which I hope to post in the next few days.