Research, analysis & post by Lori Turoff
Same As It Ever Was!
We seem to be in a holding pattern in the Hoboken condo market. Not much has changed from week to week recently. Just for fun, I’m going to follow up this post with a few of what I would consider ‘really good deals’ that buyers are always asking about, so stay tuned.
If you are in the market for a Hoboken condo, don’t forget to check our Hoboken Open House Google Map on Friday, Saturday & Sunday to see if any of the new listings (or old ones) are having open houses this weekend.
Here is the overall picture of Hoboken condo market activity for the past week:
- 494 active Hoboken condo units today, up from 485 last week.
- 24 price reductions vs. 45 a week ago
- 8 dabos (under contract), 4 last week
- 7 sold vs. 10 last week
- 33 new listings vs. 40 last week
- 5 expired listings vs. 45 last week
- 0 withdrawn listings vs. 0 last week
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
165 total active – $458,950 average asking price. 97 average DOM so far.
1 Dabo – 118 DOM.
- 931 Willow – Listed for $449K in Oct; reduced to 429K in Oct; reduced to 399K in Nov.
Note – If there were intermediate price reductions for a property to be “dabo’d” (placed under contract) or sold, they are noted here. You can check what all the others were priced at when they went under contract or sold for by clicking the link to the listings.
2 sold – 98 average DOM – $370,500 average sales price
- 1110 Clinton – Listed for 419K in Oct; reduced to 399K in Nov. Expired during attorney review and relisted just prior to closing so true DOM was 93.
9 new listings – average list price $378,311.
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
275 total active – average asking price $662,498. 113 DOM so far.
6 dabos – after 83 average DOM
- 215 Bloom – listed for 499k in Jan; reduced to 479K
- 102 Jeff – listed for 589K in July; reduced to 579K in Sept; reduced to 559K in Nov; expired and relisted at 559K.
- 601 Observer – listed at 819K in Sept; reduced to 789K in Oct.
4 sales – at $563,875 average sale price, 202 average DOM .
- 68 Monroe listed at $499,968 in Oct; reduced to $484,968 in Nov.
- 89 Willow listed at 733K in Dec of ’07; reduced to 699K in Sept.
- 402 Jeff listed at 659K in July; reduced to 649K in Sept.
17 new 2BR listings – average list price $564,812.
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
56 active 3BR condos – average asking price $1,167,539. 143 DOM so far.
1 dabo after 213 DOM.
- 609 Observer – listed for 1,395K in July; reduced to 1,260K in Dec; INCREASED to 1,320 in Jan.
1 sold – $910,000 sales price – 62 DOM.
4 new 3BR listing – average list price of $829,974.