Categories: Hoboken Condos
Research, analysis & post by Lori Turoff
Quick Hoboken Condo Sales – A Fluke or an Indication that Things are Improving?
Just last week I criticized unrealistic sellers who priced their properties too high only to drop their asking prices 15 to 30% before finally selling. This week I’d like to give a shout-out to some sellers who clearly “got it”. Below you’ll see a 2BR unit over 1100 sq. ft. for $539,000 at 1001 Clinton that went under contract in only 13 days. Top floor unit with a great kitchen and NYC views. Not only that, there was a parlor level, 1000 sq. ft. 2BR unit at 635 Garden with a private yard that closed this week. It went under contract after only having been on the market for 10 days. The other exciting news is the beautiful parlor level 1000 sq. ft. 1 BR at 940 Bloom listed for $399,000 has been on the market for 1 week and received 5 offers already. “Final & best” is Friday and it’s sure to go for over asking.Not a bad selling strategy – price low and get multiple bids (but it’s still a beautiful property to start with in a great location). Clearly, nice, well priced units do sell even in a challenging market.
Today I took the time to cross check every sold listing to make sure, despite entry mistakes by agents or the MLS, the sold figures would be accurate.
- 530 active Hoboken condo units today vs. X last week.
- 48 price reductions vs. 36 a week ago
- 8 dabos (under contract) vs. 10 last week
- 8 sold vs. 11 last week
- 33 new listings vs. 40 last week
- 7 expired listings vs. 8 last week
- 12 withdrawn listings vs. 13 last week
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
188 total active – $430,612 average asking price. 85 average DOM.
4 Dabos – 81 average DOM.
- 211 Jefferson: Oct. 14 – 479K; Oct. 27 – 459.9K; Dec. 5 – 459K; Jan. 13 – $439K
- 1300 Grand: Jan. 16 – 488.9K; Feb. 2 – 468.9K
- 402 9th: Jan. 8 – $479K; Feb. 12 – $469K
1 sold – $335,000 sales price. 147 DOM.
14 new listings – average list price $353,620.
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
289 total active – average asking price $638,962. 111 DOM so far.
3 dabos – after an average of 124 DOM
- 700 1st: Aug. 8 – $549.9K; Oct. 3 – 539.9K; Oct. 20 – 524K; Nov. 12 – $515K; Feb. 5 – $499K
- 1001 Clinton: Under contract in 13 days. Nice, well-priced units DO sell!
1 sold – Sold for $559,000 – full asking price – in only 10 days.
- 635 Garden: Jan. 23 – $559K; Feb. 9 – under contract; Mar. 23 – closed.
16 new 2BR listings – average list price $540,461.
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
54 active 3BR condos – average asking price $1,071,782. 142 DOM so far.
1 dabo in 7 DOM. (This unit was listed previously, expired & relisted so the 7 days was really 189 days)
3 new listings average list price $773,300.
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
If you are in the market for a Hoboken condo, our once again improved Hoboken Open House Google Map is your single best source for info on every open house in Hoboken. It’s posted on Friday every week. The info is updated weekly. If your google search seems to pull up an older version, click on the title link to get the most current map.
Please feel free to call us at 201 993 9500 if you’d like to schedule an appointment for a private viewing of any of these properties or if you’d like more info.