Research, analysis & post by Lori Turoff
Congratulations to the Kids First slate who swept for the three open seats on the Hoboken Board of Education. Theresa Minutillo, Ruth McCallister and Maureen Sullivan have a tough job ahead of them. Let’s hope they recognize that the young, enthusiastic teachers are essential to the kids’ progress and that they cut much of the bloat at the top, instead. The possibility for a better school system is good news for Hoboken. It means more parents willing to stay here for longer and increased property values. Thanks to all of you who took the time to vote. Now – the mayoral and city council election is only 18 days away. Just because you vote for a candidate for Mayor DOES NOT MEAN you have to vote for their slate for city council!!! The fight for a better Hoboken is not quite over yet. Please stay informed and involved and remember to go out and vote again on May 12th!
The Hoboken Condo Weekly Numbers
Here are this weeks stats:
- 549 active Hoboken condo units today – 541 last week.
- 41 price reductions vs. 24 a week ago (Wow!)
- 13 dabos (under contract) vs. 5 last week
- 7 sold vs. 3 + 3 last week (all really closed this week).
- 35 new listings vs. 23 last week
- 5 expired listings vs. 5 last week
- 11 withdrawn listings vs. 8 last week
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
203 total active – $427,189 average asking price. 92 average DOM.
4 dabos after 103 DOM.
- 1222 Wash: Oct. 23 – $419k; Oct. 28 $409K; Oct. 28 $395K; Nov. 14 $$391k; Dec. 8 $359K; Jan 2 $339k; Jan 21 $318k; (went under contract & back to active) Apr 14 $328k; Apr 14 $335k (?) short sale approved
- 1015 Wash: Dec. 1 $429k; Feb. 1 $425k; Feb. 26 $399K – dabo
10 new listings – average list price $366,090.
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
284 total active – $645,560 average asking price. 113 DOM so far.
9 dabo’d. 144 average DOM
- 839 Willow: Nov. 4 $345k; Dec. 9 $335k; dabod
- 700 1st St: Feb. 21 $499k; Mar 3 $479k; Mar 19 $450k; dabod
- 84 Bloom: Jan. 31 $499k; Apr 1 $488k; dabod
- 308 Garden: Aug. 13 $559k; Feb. 23 $539.0k; Apr. 13 $524.9k; dabod
- 78 Jackson: Apr. 18 $684k; July 18 $670k; Nov. 24 $650k; dabod
- 87 Park: Aug. 6 $799.9k; Nov. 8 $749k; Mar. 5 $699k; dabod
6 sold – $441,250. Average 104 DOM.
- 839 Willow: Nov. 4 $345k; Dec. 9 $335k; sold for $322.5k.
- 839 Willow: Nov. 4 $349k; Dec. 9 $339k; Dec. 9 $349k; sold for $345k.
- 1214 Washington: Jan. 8 $429.9k; Jan. 28 $409k; sold for $390k.
- 119 Madison: Jan. 29 $499k; Feb. 11 $489k; sold for $460k.
- 102 Jefferson: Jul. 8 $589k; Sept. 19 $579k; Nov. 8 $559k; sold $520k.
- 1300 Grand: Oct. 15 $679k; Oct. 29 $659k; Dec. 10 $639k; Jan. 8 $625k; sold $610k.
19 new listings – average list price $617, 874.
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
62 active 3BR condos – $961,284 average asking price. 135 DOM so far.
1 sold. $660,000. 111 DOM.
6 new listings average list price $746,862.
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
If you are in the market for a Hoboken condo, our Hoboken Open House Google Map is your single best source for locating every open house in Hoboken. It’s posted on Friday every week. The info is updated weekly. If your google search seems to pull up an older version, click on the title link to get the most current map.