(Sorry for the technical glitch that “hid” this post this am)
Each and Every One Of You Should VOTE Tuesday June 9th!
Since Wednesday’s attract the biggest audience on this blog and this is the last Wednesday before election day I though the following was important. Why does it matter if you vote? Elections in this town are won and lost primarily because of voter apathy and lack of turn out. Whether you currently own property in Hoboken, are thinking of buying or are ready to get out, the value of your property is directly affected by several very important factors that are very dependent on who wins this election. Think about the answers to these questions:
- Does Hoboken have a good reputation as a desirable place to live?
- Is that reputation improving or declining?
- Are our schools exceptional? Would you send your child to Hoboken High?
- Is our city well run? Fiscally responsible? Economically efficient?
- Do you feel like city government really cares about your interests as a property owner?
- Are your tax dollars (property taxes on your condo) being spent wisely?
- Do you feel like you’re getting your money’s worth from your taxes?
- Are our roads in good repair? Our streets clean?
- Is our neighborhood well patrolled by cops on the beat – on foot or on bike? Do you see them often?
- Do we have enough parks? Ball fields? Playgrounds? Swimming pools? Athletic facilities? Community centers? Senior services?
- Are our parking regulations enforced? How about traffic laws against speeding, etc?
- Is our PATH area inviting and attractive for people coming to Hoboken for the first time? Or for you coming home from a long day at work?
- Do our zoning laws give us the kinds of stores you want in town or are there to many banks, nail salons and real estate offices?
- Are you in favor or against rent control on single unit condo owners like yourself?
- Should you have the right to know how your taxes are spent? What goes on in City Hall?
- Do you think Hoboken is pedestrian friendly? Bike friendly?
I could continue but those some of the issues I can think of that we are facing on Tuesday. Now – go look at who supports each of the two candidates – Zimmer and Cammarano. Where is the money coming from? Take a good look at the campaign election fund reports to see to whom Zimmer and Cammarano might be indebted should they win. Where do they stand on the issues? Get informed and make your own decision then PLEASE go vote. The value of your condo is at stake. If people don’t want to live in Hoboken, real estate prices will decline. The weekly numbers are triva compared to the importance of this election.
Hoboken Condos Activity Holds Steady
- 578 active Hoboken condo units today – 577 last week.
- 41 price reductions vs. 20 a week ago
- 8 dabos (under contract) vs. 9 last week
- 19 sold vs. 12 last week.
- 43 new listings vs. 36 last week
- 13 expired listings vs. 7 last week
- 11 withdrawn vs. 7 last week
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
203 total active – $414,127 average asking price. 94 average DOM. Average asking price = $572 / sq ft. The lowest is 519 Willow at $236 / sq ft. Being sold ‘as is’, never renovated, with a protected tenant for cash buyers only. The highest is a penthouse loft unit with a private deck at Harborside Lofts for $1440 / sq ft.
1 dabos after 53 DOM.
6 sold Sold for an average of $297,614 in an average of 92 days. Average sales price = $525 / sq ft.
- 601 1st Street listed for $319K on Dec 15th; reduced to $309K on Feb 26; sold for $280K.
- 128 Jackson listed for $355K on Oct 27; reduced to $340K on Dec 4; sold for $305K.
- 208 Willow listed for $369K on Feb 4; reduced to $349.9K on Feb 24; $339.9K on March 12; sold for $332K.
- 725 Jeff listed at $399.5K onApr 7; reduced to $379.9K on Apr 17; sold for $359.9K.
- 211 Jeff listed at $479K on Oct 14; reduced to $459K on Oct27; $439K Jan 13; sold for $420K.
Look at 1500 Wash (Toll Bros. Hudson Tea). It was sold directly by Toll Bros. It’s the desirable, north-facing line, totally renovated, listed for over $480K. They accepted $385k for with a 4% commission? That’s surprising!13 new listings – average list price $428,967. The lowest priced unit on a per square foot basis is
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
315 total active – $616,528 average asking price. 106 DOM so far. Average asking price = $520/ sq ft.
The lowest is 610 Wash at $324/sq ft. It’s a basement unit without a backyard. The sliding doors open to a ‘well’ below Washington St. The highest is a unit on the 19th floor of the W at $1316 / sq ft. But get this – it’s on the back!
5 dabo’d. 55 average DOM
- 920 Hudson listed at $549K on Feb. 13; reduced to $529K on April 30.
8 sold – $502,175 average price. Average 132 DOM. Average sales price = $489 / sq. ft.
- 839 Willow listed for$345K Nov 4; reduced to $335K Dec 9; sold for $335K.
- 109 Jackson listed at $530K on March 24; reduced to $509K Apr 3; reduced to $504K Apr 9; reduced to $499K on Apr10; sold for $450K
- 901 Madison listed at $507.5K on Nov 18; reduced to $489.9K on Jan 6; reduced to $479.9K on Feb 6; sold for $465K.
- 700 1st St. listed for $549.9K on Aug 8; reduced to $539.9K on Oct 3; reduced to $524K on Oct 20; reduced to $515K on Nov 12; reduced to $499K on Feb 5; sold for $$483K.
- 78 Jackson listed for $684K on Apr 18; reduced to $670K on July 18; reduced to $650K on Nov 24; sold for $597K.
- 1500 Wash listed for $699.9 on Feb 3; reduced to $659K on Feb 17; dabo’d then back on market at $699K on May 18; sold for $667K.
18 new listings – average list price $784,566.
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
60 active 3BR condos – $899,088 average asking price. 114 DOM so far. Average asking price = $515 / sq ft. The lowest is at 502 Observer, a triplex with outdoor space for $276 / sq ft. The highest is the huge penthouse custom unit at 2 Constitution for $1167 / sq ft.
1 dabo’d in 4 day.
2 sold $852.5K average sales price in 205 average DOM. Price per sq ft average = $415.
5 new listings – $938,380 average list price.
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
If you are in the market for a Hoboken condo, our Hoboken Open House Google Map is your single best source for locating every open house in Hoboken. It’s posted on Friday every week. The info is updated weekly. If your google search seems to pull up an older version, click on the title link to get the most current map.
Thanks for reading!