Categories: Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up
Hoboken Condos Inventory & Sales – Week of September 1st
Here are this week’s numbers:
482 active Hoboken condo units today – 513 last week.
- 18 price reductions vs. 14 a week ago
- 12 dabos (under contract) vs. 13 last week
- 20 sold vs. 17 last week.
- 14 new listings vs. 21 last week
- 14 expired listings vs. 9 last week
- none withdrawn vs. none last week
Here is the Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up from August 25th.
Here is the Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up from August 18th.
Here is the Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up from August 11th.
Here is the Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up from August 4th.
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
6 new listings
- Average asking price: $412,150
- Average price per square foot: $537
420 Monroe at under $300k won’t last. A new Ikea kitchen and it would be a beauty. I’ve even seen people paint those cabinets with pretty good results.
162 total active
- Average asking price: $408,514.
- Average DOM : 102
- Average price per square foot: $565
4 dabos. 45 average DOM.
- 507 Bloom listed for $323k on Jun 4; reduced to $299k.
- 924 Jeff listed for $409.9k on Jun 23; reduced to $389k
- Average sales price: $339,980
- Average sales price per square foot: $521
- Average DOM: 134
- 64 2nd St. listed for $314k on Apr 10; reduced to $299k on May 12; $290k on May 19; sold for $270k
- 800 Jackson listed for $460k on Mar 7; reduced to $435.9k on May 14; $397.9k on Jan 28; sold for $365
Take a look at 129 Willow – it sold for full price in about 2 weeks. I’m not surprised, having seen it. It was a really nice little unit in a good, clean building in a great (close-to-the-PATH) location for a young person. It was decorated perfectly. I showed it to my buyer twice and said “this won’t last”. He wasn’t ready to bite. Someone else was.
Same for 725 Jefferson – a 1 br with all the bells and whistles that showed beautifully. It has deeded parking and is in a nice, MetroHomes building, not too far west. Listed for $389k it sold for $370k in 41 days. I showed this one, too, and said “this won’t last”. There are certain units out there with nice features that are priced right. What does that mean? To me, it’s intuitive. I have seen enough properties over years and years that I can walk in and know when it’s a good one. Of course, buyers tend to think a sales person will say that about anything but I try to be pretty honest with my opinions. Every now and then, a real winner pops onto the market. These were two, some smart buyers recognized it and they got a nice, new home at a reasonable price. Congrats to them!
5 price reductions.
On a similar note as above, the 1BR just reduced to $409K at The Columbus is now looking pretty good as is 119 Clinton for only $275k.
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
8 new listings
- Average asking price $509,774
- Average price per square foot: $456
256 total active
- Average asking price: $610,246
- Average asking price per square foot: $507
- Average DOM: 118
- 171 up to $600,000
- 85 $600,000 and over
6 dabo’d. 98 average DOM
- 121 Willow listed for $460k on Apr 21; reduced to $445k
- 614 Monroe listed for $479.9k on Jun 22; reduced to $469.9k
- 72 Garden listed for $539k on Mar 29; reduced to $519k
- 618 Jeff listed for $749.9k on Apr 14; reduced to $725k
- Average sales price: – $603,383
- Average sales price per square foot: $481
- Average DOM: 175
- 78 Jackson listed for $609k on Apr 10 ’08; reduced to $590k on Jul23; $575k on Nov 24; $489k on May 18; $488k on Jun 16; increased to $489k w/ parking included on Jun 16; sold for $475k. (22% off the original list price)
- 78 Jackson listed for $684k on Apr 10 ’08; reduced to $660k on Jul 23; $640k on Nov 24; $609k on Jun 3; $590k on Jun 16 with parking included; sold for $560k. (18% discount)
- 531 Madison listed for $439k on Oct 21 ’08; reduced to $399k on Jan 26; $389k on Mar 5; $369.9k on Mar 24; $349k on Jun 18; sold for $338.5k.
- 610 Newark listed for $435k on Mar 10; reduced to $419k on Apr 30; sold for $425k
- 1208 Wash listed for $459k on Oct 15 ’08; reduced to $39k on Nov 14; $429.9k on Dec 17; $425.9k on Jan 12; $414.9k on Feb 18; $395k on Mar 19; $395k on May 6; $375k on May 18; sold for $350k. (24% off original list price – a classic case of ‘too little too late’ on the price reductions).
- 800 Jackson listed for $670k on Mar 7; reduced to $635.9k on May 14; sold for $495k!!! That’s 26% off asking. I guess MetroHomes can afford that kind of discount.
- 116 Madison listed at $574k on Apr 23; reduced to $564k on May 4; $519k on Jul 6; sold for $499k. Another great deal. These units are gorgeous, with deeded parking & big outdoor space and killer kitchens. No elevator may be reason for a bit of a discount.
- 1425 Garden (Garden Street Lofts) listed for $945k on Mar 12; reduced to $975k on Apr 7; $895k on Jul 2; $850k on Feb 12; $765k on Apr 24; sold for $675k! Almost 30% discount. Does the fact that these units abut the Toll Bros. tier parking lot matter much?
9 price reductions.
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
- Average asking price: $ 944,656
- Aaverage asking price per square foot: $517
- Average DOM: 114
No new listings.
2 dabos 101 average DOM
- 110 Willow listed for $730k on Jun 9; reduced to $695k on Jul 25
- 207 2nd listed for $839k on Apr 28; reduced to $862k on May 6; increased to $877k on Jun 4
- Average sales price: $761,250
- Average sales price per square foot: $380
- Average DOM: 55
- 109 Jackson listed at $689k on Apr 15; reduced to $649k on May 27; sold for $652.5k. This unit was 1800 square feet so that’s about $360 per square foot. It was very nice, had parking & an elevator. Someone got a deal.
64 Jeff is one of the very pretty, townhouse-style condos with a private 3 car garage, private yard and private deck. This one sold in 3 weeks for just under $400 a square foot. Another winner.
1 price reduction.