Categories: Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up
Thanks for the article, JC, on the much quoted Case-Shiller index and whether it applies to places like New York City (and Hoboken) since it omits data on condos and coops. The Feds are still debating whether to end the mortgage market support. Open houses were busy this weekend but inventory keeps climbing.
The census bureau recently sent out census forms to be filled out by Hoboken residents. Here is an interesting chart from the census data that shows Hoboken’s population in past years. Perhaps the problem today is not that we have too many Hoboken condos for sale but that we don’t have enough people in Hoboken! If only it were 1910 again.
Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of March 23rd.
Here are this weeks numbers vs. a week’s ago numbers:
- 569 active Hoboken condo units today – vs. 538 last week.
- 40 price reductions, vs. 40
- 10 dabo (under contract) (no short sales) vs. 20
- 12 sold (no short sales) vs. 12
- 69 new listings (5 short sales) vs. 55
- 9 expired listing vs. 6
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
26 new listings.
228 total active – $378,882 average asking price. Average 74 DOM.
4 dabo. Average 48 DOM
- 1100 Adams listed at $449k on Jan 13; reduced to $435k on Feb 5; increased to $437k on Feb 5.
- 222 Grand listed at $419k on Jan 25; reduced to $395k on Feb 11.
3 sold. Average price $334,5,000. DOM 89.
- 93 Grand listed at $365k on Sep 11; reduced to $355k on Oct 13; $345k on Nov 6; sold for $330k.
26 price reductions.
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
33 new listings
286 total listings. Average list price $575,480. Average 87 DOM.
- 203 up to $600,000
- 82 $600,000 and over
5 dabo’d. Average 86 DOM.
- 522 Hudson listed at $749k on Oct 5; reduced to $669k on Feb 5; $629k on Mar 2.
- 700 1st St. listed at $489k on Sep 23; reduced to $479k on Jan 27.
12 sold. Average price $503,583 Average DOM 63.
- 904 Jeff listed on Nov 9 for $799k; reduced to $785k on Dec 28; sold for $712.5k.
- 151 2nd St. listed at $510k on Aug 12; reduced to $499k on Sep 25; $485k on Dec 17; sold for $463.
- 930 Park listed at $489k on Jul 24; reduced to $474.9k on Nov 4; sold for $445k.
- 501 9th St. listed for $465k on Nov 17; reduced to $449k on Jan 6; sold for $435k.
17 price reductions.
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
7 new listings
55 active listings. Average price $966,318. Average 108 DOM.
1 dabo’d. Average 86 DOM.
3 price reductions.
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
If you attend an open house or see several properties with several different agents, that’s not an ongoing relationship. That’s the nature of our job. Despite what some agents in town would like to have you believe, simply showing a buyer a single property, or even a few, does not a relationship make. You are the consumer – you get to decide with whom you wish to work. Unless you’ve signed a “buyers agency agreement”, which is highly unusual in Hoboken, an agent doesn’t have any “hold” over you. So find an agent you like, trust and whose advice you respect. It’s your money, no?
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!