Categories: Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up
Seems like the only new things in Hoboken this week are the Taco Truck and Cinnamon Snail parked down on River St., supposedly much to the chagrin of the Spa Diner, Lua and City Bistro. Similar to the pedicab debacle of not long ago, there is now much debate over the existence of mobile food vendors in Hoboken.
Why have I seen the Mr. Softee truck at Church Square when we have Ben & Jerry’s, Cold Stone Creamery and a kajillion frozen yogurt places on Washington St? Oh, and the hot dog truck up by Elysian? Maybe more, better food options will make Hoboken yet more appealing to a young, more affluent crowd and thereby ultimately help property values. Maybe it is just nice to have some new and different options for lunch, especially when they are healthy, fresh and inexpensive and you can sit by the river and enjoy a beautiful day.
Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of April 6th.
Here are this weeks numbers vs. a week’s ago numbers:
- 546 active Hoboken condo units today – vs. 548 last week.
- 38 price reductions, vs. 46
- 11 dabo (under contract) (no short sales) vs. 17
- 15 sold (no short sales) vs. 12
- 47 new listings (1 short sale) vs. 34
- 24 expired listing vs. 7
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
11 new listings.
232 total active – $378,283 average asking price. Average 78 DOM.
5 dabo. Average 65 DOM
- 1021 Grand listed at $245k on Feb 3; reduced to $235k on Feb 19; $229k on Mar 19.
4 sold. Average price $402,812. DOM 55.
- 8oo Jackson listed at $402k on Sep 15; reduced to $366k on Jan 7; sold for $373.5k.
13 price reductions.
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
26 new listings
263 total listings. Average list price $572,520. Average 87 DOM.
- 193 up to $600,000
- 70 $600,000 and over
6 dabo’d. Average 74 DOM.
- 1320 Bloom listed at $515k on Jan 11; reduced to $499k on Jan 22; $469k on Mar 5.
- 531 Jeff listed at $435k on Oct 1; reduced to $425k on Dec 2; $400k on Mar 10.
8 sold. Average price $479,312 Average DOM 114.
- 308 Garden listed for $499k on Sep 8; reduced to $489k on Oct 7; $479 on Nov 18; sold for $453k.
- 62 Madison listed for $589k on Aug 8; reduced to $569k on Dec 16; sold for $560k.
16 price reductions.
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
10 new listings
52 active listings. Average price $904,144. Average 100 DOM.
5 sold Average price $748,400. Average DOM 149.
- 501 Adams listed for $594k on Jun 19; reduced to $569k on Oct 12; %549k on Dec 8; sold for $520k
- 411 Wash listed at $570k on Jul 21; reduced to 519k on Oct 16; sold for $500k.
- 511 Mad listed for 1.056m on Aug 7; reduced to $986k on Oct 16; sold for $915k.
7 price reductions.
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!