Categories: Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up
The Tax Credit is Gone
This was supposed to be the week of the big explosion of Hoboken condos going under contract. There was a little bump but nothing drastic. Inventory is still over 500. I’ve done a slightly abbreviated version as I’m out of town “on vacation” so I appreciate your indulgence.
You may have noticed there are a few blogs out there that have basically copied this report and are calling it their own. They copy our name, copy the look of our banner, copy our Hoboken Open House Google Map. If you’ve been reading Hoboken Real Estate News, or HREN as we call it, for any length of time, you know how much work and time we spend providing you with this information. You also know that unlike the copycats, we don’t publish “canned” or generic articles from ghost blog writers or automatic feeds. We have and always will give you original thought, analysis & insight on real issues facing the Hoboken real estate market and community as a whole. Your contribution in commenting on the posts are invaluable. Thanks for reading, thanks for commenting, and thanks for your loyalty! Please help us spread the word.
Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of May 4th
Here are this weeks numbers vs. a week’s ago numbers:
- 532 active Hoboken condo units today – vs. 556 last week.
- 47 price reductions, vs. 51
- 29 dabo (under contract) vs. 21 NOT a huge jump considering the tax credit expired!
- 25 sold (1 short sale) vs. 23
- 30 new listings vs. 47
- 9 expired listing vs. 4
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
9 new listings.
206 total active
- 80-82 Bloom listed at $409k on Mar 1; reduced to $389.
- 1500 Wash listed at $399k on Feb 17; reduced to $394k; reduced to $375k.
- 450 7th St listed at $415k on Feb 4; reduced to $399k; reduced to 374.5k.
- 60 Mad listed at $304k on Sep 16; reduced to $298.5k.
- 1125 Maxwell listed at $538k on Feb 2; reduced to $525k.
- 109 Harrison listed at $419k on Oct 12; reduced to $373k on Oct 30; sold for $373k.
18 price reductions.
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
14 new listings
260 total listings.
- 195 up to $600,000
- 65 $600,000 and over
- 556 1st listed at $378k on Jun 23 (Short Sale); reduced to $349k; reduced to $309k.
- 319 Monroe listed at $615k on Jan 15; reduced to $590k.
- 933 Willow listed at $409k on Mar 18; reduced to $399k.
- 101 Park listed at $730k on Mar 15; reduced to $700k
- 93 Adams listed at $399k on Mar 1; reduced to $385k.
- 1100 Clinton listed at $525k on Jan 21; reduced to $510k on Feb 8; sold for $497k.
- 214 Park listed for $449k on Jan 6; reduced to 429k on Feb 23; sold for $415k.
- 1500 Wash listed for $649k on July 23; reduced to 639k on Sep 1; 619k on Oct 27; $609k on Jan 18; sold for $585k.
- 109 Harrison listed for $500k on Oct 12; reduced to $469k on Oct 30; $449k on Jan 15; sold for $434k.
- 712 Willow listed for $$330k on Jan 13 (Short Sale); reduced to $315k on Feb 11; sold for $268k.
- 109 Harrison listed for $900k on Oct 12; reduced to $818k on Oct 30; $759 on Nov 11; sold for $710k.
- 420 Jeff listed for $449k on Oct 22; reduced to $439k on Jan 2; sold for $415k.
20 price reductions.
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
6 new listings
66 active listings.
- 62 Mad listed for $949k on Aug 8; reduced to $899k.
9 price reductions.
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!