Categories: Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up
Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of July 6th
The dog days of summer are certainly here! This week is a good one to stay inside in the AC and look at some market stats. One thing you’ll notice below is something new in the “units sold” category below. I have posted “16 sold” and “42 reported“. That is due to the common occurrence of late reporting. What happens is a deal closes but the agent never bothers to change the status in the MLS to sold. When they finally do get around to it, a few weeks have passed since the actual closing took place. Some agents are notoriously bad about this. There are MLS rules about timely reporting of transactions but they seem not to be enforced. As a result, you get less than accurate information about the market.
To help provide a better picture, I’ll list the units that actually close this past week and break out the price history by bedroom size (that’s the 16 sold figure). I’ll also give you the link to all properties “reported” as sold this week even if they closed more than a week ago (that’s the 42 reported). Hopefully this will give you a better understanding of what’s really going on in the Hoboken condo market.
Coming Attractions: The June Sales Results & the 2nd Quarter Results!
- 526 active Hoboken condo units – vs. 529 last week
- 9 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) with 1 short sale vs. 12 dabos last week
- 16 sold (0 short sales) (42 reported) (0 short sales) vs. 19 (0 short sales)
- 39 new listings vs. 24
- 27 price reductions vs 39
- 15 expired listing vs. 4
The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Century 21 Listings are identified with “C21″ after the address. All other listings are from the MLS and are identified with “MLS” after the address. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
17 new listings
203 total active
- 100 Clinton (MLS) listed at $299k on Mar 10; reduced to $219k on May 4.
- 309 Monroe (MSL) listed for $245k on Jay 11; sold for $230k
- 157 14th (MLS) listed for $349k on Mar 21; reduced to $329k on Apr 7; sold for $313k
- 450 7th (MLS) listed for $415k on Feb 4; reduced to $399k on Mar 19; $375k on Apr 26; sold for $368k
- 841 Willow (MLS) listed for $379k on Apr 8; sold for $360k
14 price reductions
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
14 new listings
265 total listings.
- 200 up to $600,000
- 65 $600,000 and over
- 224 Mad (MLS) listed at $320k on Jan 30.
- 1500 Garden (MLS) listed at $835k on May 19; reduced to $799k on Jun 8.
- 727 Monroe (MLS) listed at $489kon May 14; reduced to $473k on May 21; $457k on Jun 10.
- 1125 Maxwell (MLS) listed at $924k on Jun 9; reduced to $885k on Jun 23.
- 321 Monroe (MLS) listed at $460k on Apr 14; reduced to $450k.
- 700 1st (MLS) listed at $500k on Mar 29.
1100 Adams (MLS) listed for $$520k on Feb 1; sold for $509k
- 101 Park (MLS) listed for $730k on Mar 15; reduced to $700k on Mar 27; sold for $670k.
- 800 Jackson (MLS) listed at $440k on May 3; sold for $460k.
- 830 Monroe (MLS) listed at $497k on Mar 11; sold for $490k.
- 261 4th (MLS) listed at $419k on Mar 22; reduced to $399k on Apr 15; sold for $355k.
- 830 Monroe (MLS) listed at $519k on Mar 15; sold for $490k.
- 1200 Grand (MLS) listed at $499k on Apr 5; sold for $485k.
- 800 Jackson (MLS) listed at $405k on Apr 26; sold for $400k.
- 800 Jackson (MLS) listed at $425k on Apr 17; sold for $412k.
- 700 1st St (MLS) listed at $639k on Mar 11; sold for $600k.
24 price reductions
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
3 new listings
59 active listings.
131 Jackson (MLS) listed at $699k on Nov 17. (Short sale)
- 1425 Garden (MLS) listed for $2.3mil on Sep 16; sold for $2.3mil.
- 223 Madison (C21) listed at $899k on Feb 17; sold for $852k.
3 price reductions
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!