Categories: Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up
Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of August 24th
“Housing Market Plunged in July, Fueling Anxiety”
Today’s front page of the NY Times has some grim headlines, and says no region has been spared and that prices are expected to fall further. July housing sales were 25.5% below the level of a year ago, according to NAR and the volume of single family home sales was the lowest since 1995. This was worse than expected and caused the stock market to take a hit as well. According to the article, even today’s historically low mortgage rates, depressed home prices, and government loan programs are not doing the trick of bringing buyers back to the table. Are Hoboken or Manhattan really that different? There are arguments that can be made on both sides of the debate. For some good news, Hoboken inventory has remained below 500.
Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Century 21 Listings are identified with “C21″ after the address. Other listings are from the MLS and are identified with “MLS” after the address. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 483 active Hoboken condo units – vs. 497 last week
- 8 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 9 dabos last week
- 15 sold (0 short sales) vs. 6 sold (0 short sales)
- 16 new listings vs. 25
- 15 price reductions vs 23
- 6 expired listing vs. 11
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
4 new listings
- 915 Madison (mls) listed for $429k on Jul 28.
- 1206 Wash (mls) listed for $369k on Jun 3; reduced to $349k on Jul 12.
- 210 2nd St. (mls) listed for $400k on Apr 23; reduced to $350k on Jun 3; $395k on Jun 6; $370k on Jun 11; sold for $350k.
- 1125 Maxwell (mls) listed for $549k on Apr 28; sold for $539k.
- 1003 Garden (mls) listed for $375k on May 5; sold for $365k.
- 659 1st St. (mls) listed for $374k on Mar 15; reduced to $364k on Apr 17; sold for $347.5k.
- 224 Madison (mls) listed for $320kon Jan 30; sold for $310k.
- 117 Clinton (mls) listed for $410k on May 10; sold for $415k.
6 price reductions
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
7 new listings
257 total listings.
- 188 up to $600,000
- 69 $600,000 and over
- 226 Willow (mls) listed at $450k on Jun 1.
- 1325 Adams (mls) listed at $460k on Apr 8.
- 82 Clinton (mls) listed at $547k on Jul 8; reduced to $535k on Aug 3.
- 609 Observer (mls) listed at $545k on Jun 7.
- 456 9th St (mls) listed at $579k on Apr 7.
1115 Willow (mls) listed for $450k on Jun 22; sold for $415k.
- 109 Harrison (mls) listed for $860k on Oct 12; reduced to $754k on Oct 30; $740k on Nov 11; $692k on Apr 7; sold for $670k.
- 659 `st St (mls) listed for $568k on Mar 17; reduced to $549k on May 11; sold for $535k.
- 131 Monroe (mls) listed for $419k on Apr 5; reduced to $409k on May 7; sold for $395k.
8 price reductions
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
4 new listing
51 active listings.
- 659 1st St (mls) listed at $669k on Aug 5.
- 700 1st St. (mls) listed for $515k on Jul 20; sold for $440k.
- 822 Hudson (mls) listed for 1.150mil on Apr 7; sold for 1.05mil.
no price reductions
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!