Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of November 10th
The holidays are clearly upon us. Inventory is down but new listings have slowed to a dribble. People are thinking about things other than selling their home right now. Buyers are still of the mind that they want a “bargain”. No matter where the property is priced, they perceive it to be a bargain if they get it for way less than list. The problem with that mindset is that it ignores whether the property is priced high, priced well, or even under priced. You need to look at the recent sales of similar properties and see how the list price of the property for sale compares. Remember to adjust those sales prices for any current market movement so, for example, if the market on average is down 5% over the past 6 months, discount the closed sale price from 6 months ago by 5% to get today’s value. A bargain means you paid less than the actual value, not less than the asking price.
We were in this Saturday’s Hoboken Reporter – page 25. Other news in Hoboken – Bloomberg’s talk of extending the No. 7 Subway line to Secaucus. No mention of a stop in Hoboken, though.
Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Century 21 Listings are identified with “C21″ after the address. Other listings are from the MLS and are identified with “MLS” after the address. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 446 active Hoboken condo units – vs. 455 last week
- 7 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 9 dabos last week
- 12 sold vs. 10 sold
- 16 new listings vs. 21
- 32 price reductions vs 15
- 6 expired listing vs. 2
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
6 new listings
- 223 Bloom (mls) listed at $400k on Sep 22; $369k on Oct 8; $355k on Oct 26.
- 700 1st (mls) listed at $525k on May 25; reduced to $500kon Jun 21; $475k on Jul 19.
- 812 Grand (C21) listed at $435k on Jul 13; reduced to $430k on Sep 9.
- 800 Jackson (mls) listed at $390k on Aug 31; sold for $380k.
- 1025 Maxwell (mls) listed at $499k on Jul 16; reduced to $475k on Aug 27; sold for $465k.
- 1015 Grand (mls) listed at $357k on Sep 7; sold for 242.5k. (That’s a motivated seller for you).
8 price reductions
165 Total Active 1BRs
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
10 new listings
- 308 Garden (mls) listed at $499k on Sep 8.
- 1110 Park (C21) listed at $430k on Aug 21; reduced to $410k on Sep 23.
- 1300 Grand (mls) listed at $539k on Sep 7.
- 609 Mad (mls) listed at $473k on May 14; reduced to $460k on Jun 9; $449k on Jul 15.
- 231 Park (C21) listed at $618k on Sep 17; sold for $604k.
- 113 Clinton (mls) $612k on Aug 6; sold for $600k.
- 700 1st (mls) listed at $499k on May 3; reduced to $469k on Sep 1; sold for $455k.
- 829 Wash (msl) listed for $1.35mil on Jan 28; reduced to $1.30mil on Mar 29; $1.20mil on Jun 11; $1.15mil on Aug 26; $1.125mil on Sep 2; sold for 999k.
- 812 Grand (mls) listed at $529k on Jun 23; reduced to $515k on Jul 8; $507k on Aug 13; sold for $490k. (This was really a 1br plus den).
16 price reductions
237 Total Active 2BRs
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
no new listings
- 700 1st St (mls) listed at $489k on Nov 9.
- 615 Adams (mls) listed at $850k on Aug 4; reduced to $839k on Sep 13.
- 609 Observer (mls) listed at 1.045mil on Jun 7; reduced to $999k on Aug 25.
- 82 Mad (mls) listed at $999k on Aug 19; sold for $925k.
- 313 Grand (mls) listed at $639k on Aug 7; sold for $605k.
- 712 Grand (mls) listed for $519k on Jul 2; reduced to $499k on Sep 27; sold for $470k.
7 price reductions
43 Total Active 3BRs
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!