Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of November 24th
Happy Thanksgiving Hoboken!
Of course, that is a given. Any one of us reading this, I am sure, has much to be thankful for. There are people right here in Hoboken, though, who can use some help. If you’ve got some free time on your hands, both the Walk the Walk Foundation (12 to 4 at the Elks Club) and the Hoboken Homeless Shelter need volunteers to help in providing free meals to seniors and the homeless. If you don’t have time, they both accept donations.
Bike Hoboken – Making Hoboken a Better Place to Live
On another note, I’m always shocked by how many Hoboken realtors and office staff drive from their homes in Hoboken to their offices on Washington Street and feed the meters all day long. Talk about taking needed parking spaces away from shoppers and the Hoboken community! (Did you know that if you work in Hoboken for only $5 a day, less than you spend in quarters, you can park in the municipal garage?)
I ride my bike everywhere in Hoboken. I spent 17 years running a bicycle touring company in Europe and got to see firsthand how European cities way larger than Hoboken have been transformed for the better by embracing bikes and alternative transportation while cutting down on traffic in the city center. I rarely drive my customers around to see properties as I think they get a much better feel for the city by walking. I’ve even taken some of them out by bike. Well, there is a notable, new organization called BikeHoboken. They are a citizen-based advocacy organization that aims to make Hoboken streets safe and welcoming for bicyclists of all age groups and experience levels. They are having their first official meeting Monday, November 29th at 7:30 at Carpe Diem on 14th & Grand. Come check it out as it’s a great group of people with an admirable goal. Less traffic in a greener, more bike & pedestrian friendly Hoboken? I’m all for anything that makes Hoboken a more attractive, better place to live and keeps property values high.
Speaking of property values, it has been another slow week in real estate with inventory at a long-time low. I expect that the coming week will be even quieter. Here are this weeks numbers:
Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Century 21 Listings are identified with “C21″ after the address. Other listings are from the MLS and are identified with “MLS” after the address. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 425 active Hoboken condo units – vs. 446 last week
- 11 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 7 dabos last week
- 9 sold vs. 12 sold
- 14 new listings vs. 16
- 24 price reductions vs 32
- 6 expired listing vs. 6
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
7 new listings
- 309 Monroe (mls) listed at $232k on Sep 1.
- 63 Madison (mls) listed at $279k on Aug 2; reduced to $265k on Sep 9; $250k on Oct 6.
- 132 Adams (mls) listed at $275k on Oct 22.
- 501 Adams (mls) listed at $325k on Oct 5; reduced to $312k on Nov 9.
- 230 Monroe (mls) listed at $339k on Oct 1; reduced to $319k on Oct 15.
- 325 Willow (mls) listed at $469k on Aug 30; sold for $450k.
- 1212 Wash (mls) listed at $239k on Jan 29; increased to $289k on May 14; $259k on Sep 3; $$229k on Sep 13; sold for $180k.
- 367 1st (mls) listed at $320k on Jun 3; reduced to $309k on Jul 13; $294.5k on Aug 11; sold for $275k.
- 1500 Wash (mls) listed at $485k on May 6; sold for $460k.
7 price reductions
163 Total Active 1BRs
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
6 new listings
- 76 Madison (mls) listed at $475k on Apr 21; reduced to $399k on Oct 4.
- 1115 Grand (mls) listed at $459k on Sep 30; reduced to $449k on Oct 20; $439k on Nov 15.
- 1120 Clinton (mls) listed at $459k on Oct 19.
- 82 Clinton (mls) listed at $520k on Sep 30.
- 700 1st (mls) listed at $549k on Sep 27.
- 109 Harrison (mls) listed at $640k on Sep 7.
- 610 Clinton (mls) listed at $910k on May 24.
- 120 Bloom (mls) listed at $525k on May 6; reduced to $500k on Jun 25; $479k on Aug 17; sold for $455k.
- 415 Newark (mls) listed at $699k on May 10; reduced to $669k on Jun 14; sold for $639k.
- 1500 Hudson (mls) listed at $875k on Oct 1; sold for $875k.
- 1028 Hudson (C21) listed at $599k on Sep 20; sold for $590k.
11 price reductions
219 Total Active 2BRs
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
1 new listing
- 700 1st St (mls) listed at $489k on Nov 9.
- 615 Adams (mls) listed at $850k on Aug 4; reduced to $839k on Sep 13.
- 609 Observer (mls) listed at 1.045mil on Jun 7; reduced to $999k on Aug 25.
- 603 Jeff (mls) listed at $299k on Apr 13; sold for $299k.
6 price reductions
42 Total Active 3BRs
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500 or [email protected]
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!