Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of January 5th, 2011
Well, it’s time to make plans and predictions for the year ahead and see how we measured up last year. What better place to start than with the Hoboken real estate market. Here is a chart of both average and median sales price for Hoboken condos for the past decade. The little upturn (or less of a downturn) at the very end makes me happy. I suspect it’s a sign of things to come. Just yesterday, Crain’s New York Business published a story about the Manhattan real estate market moving sideways. I think Hoboken is on a similar path.
The other chart that is promising is this one showing a definite increase in the number of transactions in 2010.
Of course, as they say, past performance is not an indicator of future results but my instinct tells me we are moving in the right direction.
Here is this week’s condo sales report:
Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Century 21 Listings are identified with “C21″ after the address. Other listings are from the MLS and are identified with “MLS” after the address. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 348 active Hoboken condo units – vs. 360 last week
- 7 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 2 dabos last week
- 14 sold vs. 7 sold
- 24 new listings vs. 10 but don’t be fooled – about half of these are relists of expired listings (like the 4 units at Garden Street Lofts, back again and still at the same price)
- 9 price reductions vs 5
- 16 expired listing vs. 7
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
8 new listing
- 309 Monroe (mls) listed at $229k on Sep 1.
- 1500 Wash (mls) listed at $415k on May 11; $400k on Jun 13; sold for $403k.
- 511 Madison (mls) listed at $485k on Jul 31; $479k on Sep 30; $459k on Oct 27; sold for $450k.
- 1500 Hudson (mls) listed at $440k on Jun 4; sold for $420k.
- 309 Monroe (mls) listed at $234k on Sep 1; sold for $230k.
- 501 Adams (mls) listed at $325k on Oct 5; $312k on Nov 11; sold for $309.5k.
- 222 Grand (C21) listed at $520k on Jun 16; $500k on Aug 2; $475k on Sep 24; sold for $457k.
- 214 Willow (mls) listed at $359k on Oct 19; $349k on Nov 2; sold for $332.5k.
- 74 Garden (mls) listed at $355k on Oct 27; sold for $345k.
2 price reductions
131 Total Active 1BRs
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
8 new listings
- 109 Jackson (mls) listed at $499k on Dec 29.
- 635 6th (mls) listed at $539k on Dec 8.
- 84 Adams (C21) listed at $499k on Sep 7; sold for $480k.
- 1110 Park (C21) listed at $430k on Aug 21; $410k on Sep 23; sold for $398k.
- 82 Clinton (mls) listed at $549k on Nov 10; sold for $549k.
- 209 Garden (mls) listed at $449k on Sep 7; sold for $480k.
3 price reductions
179 Total Active 2BRs
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
8 new listings
- 1500 Washington (mls) listed at $899k on Nov 8.
- 125 Monroe (mls) listed at $609k on Apr 9; $599k on Apr 14; $579k on Apr 20; $520k on Jun 16; $499k on Aug 4.
- 510 Monroe (C21) listed at $465k on Oct 19; $449k on Oct 28; $439k on Nov 16; $437k on Dec 14.
- 125 Monroe (mls) listed at $639k on Apr 5; $599k on Apr 20; $540k on Jun 16; $519k on Aug 4.
- 313 Grand (mls) listed at $639k on Aug 7; sold for $615k.
- 62 Jeff (mls) listed at $869k on Sep 30; sold for $827.5k.
no price reductions
39 Total Active 3BRs
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!