Categories: Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up
Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of January 19th, 2011
Tax Appeal Time in Hoboken
This is the season for tax appeals. Some owners do them on their own. Some hire an attorney to handle it for them. It’s not very difficult to do but it can take some time. If you are going to do it on your own, you need to pull comparable sales from the past three months. I would be happy to give you 3 comparables for your Hoboken property FOR FREE. We appreciate your reading Hoboken Real Estate News. This is our small way of saying “thanks”.
You can get very good instructions on how to do an appeal on your own at:
There is a site that is called EasyTaxFix.com. They guide you through the process step-by-step.
There are many lawyers in town who do appeals and several of them send out postcards advertising their services this time of year.
Where’s Waldo? More Like Where’s Al?
On another subject, someone asked me to write about Al Arezzo, otherwise known as “Teflon Al” and the Hoboken construction office. Here is an article from the City of Hoboken’s website explaining what is going on. A local blog carried the story and mentioned rumors about indictments but does point out that they are just rumors. I heard from a reliable source that when told he had to participate in sexual harassment prevention classes he refused to attend the class at the specific time it was scheduled, saying it conflicted with his work schedule.
Here is this week’s condo sales report:
Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Century 21 Listings are identified with “C21″ after the address. Other listings are from the MLS and are identified with “MLS” after the address. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 352 active Hoboken condo units – vs. 349 last week
- 9 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 3 dabos last week
- 10 sold vs. 9 sold
- 34 new listings vs. 16
- 18 price reductions vs 13
- 6 expired listing vs. 7
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
13 new listing
- 1015 Washington (mls) listed at $219k on Oct 17; reduced to $199k on Dec 1.
- 420 Madison (mls) listed at $279k on Oct 5; sold for $269k.
- 300 Newark (mls) listed at $425k on Sep 23; reduced to $399k on Oct 26; sold for $384.5k.
- 600 Hudson (mls) listed at $379k on Aug. 6; reduced to $369k on Oct 7; $345k on Nov 2; sold for $341k.
- 124 Madison (mls) listed at $300k on Jun 16; sold for $288.5k.
7 price reductions
131 Total Active 1BRs
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
16 new listings
- 827 Wash (mls) listed at $400k on Jan 4.
- 1200 Grand (mls) listed at $559k on Dec 9.
- 601 Monroe (mls) listed at $329 on Dec 2.
- 830 Monroe (mls) listed at $455k on Oct 28; reduced to $440k on Oct 28; $425k on Dec 8.
- 219 Willow (mls) listed at $600k on Dec 6; reduced to $575k on Jan 18.
- 1320 Bloom (mls) listed at $465k on Sep 22; reduced to $430k on Oct 19.
- 107 Jackson (mls) listed at $425k on May 4; reduced to
- 1025 Maxwell (mls) listed at $810k on Oct 8; reduced to $795k on Nov 17; sold for $760k.
- 1115 Willow (mls) listed at $369k on Sep 16; reduced to $359k on Oct 27; sold for $344.5k.
- 1125 Maxwell (mls) listed at $899k on Aug 15; reduced to $869k on Sep 30; $849k on Oct 4; $799k on Oct 21; Sold for $782.5k on Nov 11; then the history says dabo’dat $799k on Nov 11; then reported sold again for $795.5k on Jan 13. I know, this makes absolutely no sense. Who knows what the agent really meant to do when reporting the transaction or what it actually sold for. I suspect there may have been a credit to the buyers? Anyway, it shouldn’t be reported like this.
- 610 Clinton (mls) listed at $899k on July 29; sold for $825k.
9 price reductions
182 Total Active 2BRs
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
5 new listing
- 304 Hudson (mls) listed at $685k originally. After several deals fell through it was finally dabo’d when priced at $450k. This was a short sale.
- 609 Observer (mls) listed at $1.045mil on Jun 7; was under contract and fell through; reduced to $999k on Nov 8; sold for $940k.
1 price reduction
39 Total Active 3BRs
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!