Categories: Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up
Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of January 26th, 2011
Want FREE COMPS for your tax appeal?
We appreciate your reading Hoboken Real Estate News. I would be happy to give you comparables for your Hoboken property FOR FREE. I can’t even imagine charging for so small a task, yet some agents do. This is one small way of our saying “thanks”.
Hoboken Condo Inventory Levels Hold Steady
Despite the anticipated flood of new listings at the start of the new year, the past few weeks have shown little change in number of units on the market. That’s good news. The snow just keeps piling up, making it difficult for buyers to go out looking at properties. Hey, that is why we have the internet! Speaking of which –
Excuse my language but it’s true. Their data feed is outdated and their technical abilities pathetic. Designed for single family houses in the ‘burbs, evidently they can’t discern which unit in a multi-unit condo building is which. They combine new listings with old, get the days on market wrong, mix up agents and agencies and always have properties listed as active which have long been under contract. It takes them 48 hours to let me change a photo or property status. Really? 48 hours in today’s tech world? That is eons.
It makes it very frustrating for buyers when they bring me a listing they found on Trulia only to learn the property is no longer for sale or the price is wrong. Similarly, my sellers don’t appreciate when their brand new listing shows up as 245 days on the market. So what should you do?
While the user interface may not be as pretty, realtor.com is the site affiliated with the National Association of Realtors. The data is good – it comes straight from the MLS. It’s updated every 15 minutes. It’s accurate. Moreover, they have a mobile app that is fantastic. So if you want to look on your own, use realtor.com. I’m not a big fan of the NAR making big profits off its own members (which is exactly what realtor.com is all about) but for you, the consumer, it’s the best site out there.
Here is this week’s condo sales report:
Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Century 21 Listings are identified with “C21″ after the address. Other listings are from the MLS and are identified with “MLS” after the address. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 359 active Hoboken condo units – vs. 352 last week
- 7 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 9 dabos last week
- 11 sold vs. 10 sold
- 26 new listings vs. 34
- 15 price reductions vs 18
- 5 expired listing vs. 6
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
4 new listing
- 1106 Wash (mls) listed on Jan 11 for$299k.
- 219 Bloom (mls) listed for $300k on Aug 26; sold for $300k.
- 812 Grand (C21) listed for $435k on Jul 13; reduced to $430k on Sep 9; sold for $402k.
- 309 Monroe (mls) listed for $229k on Sep 1; sold for $215k.
7 price reductions
134 Total Active 1BRs
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
18 new listings
- 1320 Bloom (mls) listed at $440k on Aug 16; $420k on Oct 20.
- 800 Jackson (mls) listed at $820k on Dec 30.
- 208 Park (mls) listed at $380k on Jan 18.
- 627 Willow (mls) listed at $289k on Oct 13; $279k on Nov 19.
- 84 Adams (The Summit) (mls) listed at $519k on Oct 14; reduced to $499k on Nov 15; sold for $487k.
- 606 Adams (mls) listed at $439k on Aug 18; sold for $415k.
- 350 7th (mls) listed at $569k on Oct 13; sold for $535k.
- 1115 Grand (the Grand Clinton) (mls) listed at $459k; reduced to $449k on Oct 20; $439k on Nov 15; sold for $405k.
- 1325 Adams (Capella) (mls) listed at $565k on May 6; reduced to $560k on Oct 13; sold for $542.5k.
- 609 Observer(Vesta) (mls) listed at $545k on Jun 7; reduced to $499k on Sep 17; sold for $485k.
- 1025 Maxwell (mls) listed at $887k on Jul 2; sold for $830k.
- 700 1st (SkyClub) (mls) listed at $549k on Sep 27; sold for $515k.
7 price reductions
189 Total Active 2BRs
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
- 1500 Hudson (Hudson Tea) (mls) listed at $795k on Jan 17.
- 715 Mad (mls) listed at $825k on Aug 12; $815k on Oct 11; $810k on Nov 13.
1 price reduction
37 Total Active 3BRs
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!