JC Weekly Thursday Wrap-Up – Downtown Jersey City Condo Sales & Activity for the Week of February 3rd, 2011
Categories: Weekly Thursday Wrap Up
Downtown Jersey City Condos Sales & Activity – Week of February 3rd, 2011
HobokenRealEstateNews recognizes that our readership extends beyond our fair city’s one mile boundries. Hoboken buyers are often interested in what their money will buy in the downtown Jersey City market, just as Jersey City sellers often wish to reach out to affluent Hoboken buyers (and vice versa.) As such, we now publish the Jersey City Weekly Thursday Wrap-Up (WTWU) and we’ve expanded our popular Hoboken Open House Google Map to include downtown JC as well.
I’m still happy to send you comps if you are appealing your own taxes. Keep in mind that the City has a 15% margin of error. If your assessment does not multiply out to at least 15% over the current market value of your property, you are not likely to be successful in an appeal. The “upper limit” multiplier for Hoboken is .3407. To see where you are at, take your assessed value and divide by .3407. For example, if your assessed value is 175,000, the result would be $513,648. Your property value must be less than $513k to win.
Here is this week’s condo sales report:
Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Century 21 Listings are identified with “C21″ after the address. Other listings are from the MLS and are identified with “MLS” after the address. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 318 active Jersey City condo units – vs. 325 last week
- 8 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 4 dabos last week
- 2 sold vs. 2 sold
- 15 new listings vs. 15
- 8 price reductions vs 10
- 10 expired listing vs. 2
Studio & 1 Bedroom Downtown Jersey City Condos:
7 new listing
- 65 2nd St. (mls) listed on Aug 20 at $379k.
- 65 2nd St. (mls) listed on Oct 5 at $349.9k; reduced on Nov 12 to $330k.
- 139 Morris St. (mls) listed on Nov 9 at $375k; reduced on Jan 6 to $329k.
- 200 6th St. (mls) listed on Jan 19 at $299k.
- 389 Washington St. (mls) listed on Feb 9, ’10 at $439k; increased to $479k on Apr 2; reduced to $449k on Sep 13; reduced to $425k on Nov 23; sold for $409,175.
2 price reductions
141 Total Active 1BRs
Two Bedroom Downtown Jersey City Condos:
5 new listings
- 50 Wayne St. (mls) listed on Dec 16 at $584.9k.
- 134 Morris St. (mls) listed on Oct 30 at $399k.
- 407 3rd St. (mls) listed on Jan 7 at $249k.
- 700 Grove St. (C21) listed on Oct 28 for $539k; sold for $520k.
3 Price Reductions
153 Total Active 2BRs
Three Bedroom and Larger Downtown Jersey City Condos:
3 new listings
- 299 Pavonia Ave. (mls) listed on Aug 24 at $1,485k; reduced on Oct 13 to $1,235k.
3 price reductions
24 Total Active 3BRs
Hoboken and Downtown Jersey City Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories (Hoboken only) just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!