Categories: Weekly Thursday Wrap Up
Downtown Jersey City Condos Sales & Activity – Week of February 17th, 2011
HobokenRealEstateNews recognizes that our readership extends beyond our fair city’s one mile boundries. Hoboken buyers are often interested in what their money will buy in the downtown Jersey City market, just as Jersey City sellers often wish to reach out to affluent Hoboken buyers (and vice versa.) As such, we now publish the Jersey City Weekly Thursday Wrap-Up (WTWU) and we’ve expanded our popular Hoboken Open House Google Map to include downtown JC as well.
I’m still happy to send you comps if you are appealing your own taxes. Keep in mind that the City has a 15% margin of error. If your assessment does not multiply out to at least 15% over the current market value of your property, you are not likely to be successful in an appeal. The “upper limit” multiplier for Hoboken is .3407. To see where you are at, take your assessed value and divide by .3407. For example, if your assessed value is 175,000, the result would be $513,648. Your property value must be less than $513k to win.
Here is this week’s condo sales report:
Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Century 21 Listings are identified with “C21″ after the address. Other listings are from the MLS and are identified with “MLS” after the address. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 298 active Jersey City condo units – vs. 302 last week
- 14 new listings vs. 4
- 7 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 3 dabos last week
- 10 sold vs. 2 sold
- 15 price reductions vs 3
- 7 expired listing vs. 8
Studio & 1 Bedroom Downtown Jersey City Condos:
7 new listing
- 389 Washington listed on May 12 at $439k; reduced on Jun 24 to $429k; Jul 9 to $415k; Aug 5 $399k; Sep 29 $389k; Nove 3 $375k; Feb 10 $335.
- 580 Jersey Ave listed on Sep 22 at $324k; reduced on Jan 22 to $299k.
- 116 Coles listed on Jan 21 at $220k.
- 253 Washington listed on Sep 7 for $399k; sold for $382.5k.
- 291 8th St listed on Aug 22 for $265k; sold for $235k.
- 327 3rd St listed on Aug 31 for $249k; sold for $242.5k.
- 287 8th St listed on Oct 7 for $260k; reduced on Nov 4 to $229k; sold for $229k.
7 price reductions
132 Total Active 1BRs
Two Bedroom Downtown Jersey City Condos:
7 new listings
- 149 Essex listed on Dec 22 for $425k.
- 580 Jersey Ave listed on Sep 1 for $330k; reduced on Sep 22 to $324k; Jan 11 to $299k.
- 20 Bright listed on Nov 29 for $599k.
- 389 Wash listed on Jan 18 for $619k.
- 327 3rd listed on Aug 31 for $443k; sold for $465k.
- 203 Pavonia listed on Aug 15 for $339k; reduced on Oct 21 to $320k; sold for $300k.
- 126 Dudley listed on May 18 for $625k; reduced on Aug 5 to $610k; on Aug 15 to $599k; sold for $585k.
- 20 2nd St listed on July 10 for $579k; reduced on oct 28 to $559; sold for $525k.
6 Price Reduction
144 Total Active 2BRs
Three Bedroom and Larger Downtown Jersey City Condos:
no new listings
- 283 7th St listed on Sep 15 for $575k; reduced on Oct 17 to $550k; on Nov 14 to $510k; sold for $504k.
2 price reductions
22 Total Active 3BRs
Hoboken and Downtown Jersey City Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories (Hoboken only) just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!