Categories: Hoboken Condos
Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of February 23rd, 2011
A Pet Peeve – Poorly-Done Property Flyers
I get tons of email every day from other agents announcing new listings, price reductions and broker open houses. Just now, I received one with a typo in the subject line, sentences without capitalized first words, the wrong spacing between works and punctuation, a center-justified layout with an ‘orphan’ at the bottom and a less-than-stellar selection of photos. The seller of that condo should be very upset with the (lack of) professionalism and attention to detail. No matter how new the agent or how inexpensive the property, 3rd-graders learn that you need to capitalize the first word of a sentence. These errors are inexcusable. Yet you would be amazed how many such flyers I see that are equally bad.
Another Pet Peeve – Agents who Attend Broker Open Houses Just for the Food
I wonder if the agents who create the crummy flyers are the same ones who manage to arrive first to every broker open house, especially when sushi is served. They show up early, fill up their plates and don’t even pretend to be interested in the property. I wonder if there is a correlation here. Could it be that the agents who produce inferior work product don’t make much money selling real estate and therefore need the free lunch to survive ???
I’m still happy to send you comps if you are appealing your own taxes. Keep in mind that the City has a 15% margin of error. If your assessment does not multiply out to at least 15% over the current market value of your property, you are not likely to be successful in an appeal. The “upper limit” multiplier for Hoboken is .3407. To see where you are at, take your assessed value and divide by .3407. For example, if your assessed value is $175,000, the result would be $513,648. Your property value must be less than $513k to win an appeal. You can get more details on tax appeals and forms at the Hudson County Tax Board website.
Here is this week’s condo sales report:
Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Century 21 Listings are identified with “C21″ after the address. Other listings are from the MLS and are identified with “MLS” after the address. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 366 active Hoboken condo units – vs. 369 last week
- 11 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 8 dabos last week
- 10 sold vs. 14 sold
- 30 new listings vs. 43
- 18 price reductions vs 15
- 5 expired listing vs. 3
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
12 new listing
- 78 Jackson (mls) listed on Jul 1 for $189k
- 1016 Washington (mls) listed on Feb. 3 for $339k
- 1125 Maxwell (mls) listed Nov 26 for $579k; reduced to $559k on Feb 1
- 607 1st (mls) listed on Nov 24 for 194.5k; reduced to $175k on Jan 6
- 650 2nd (mls) listed on Sept 24 for $$385k; sold for $370k
- 159-161 Newark (mls) listed on May 20 for $510k; reduced to $475k on Jul 19; reduced to $455k on Sept 25; sold for $463k
- 1020 Garden (mls) listed for $410k; reduced to $399.9k on Sept 28; reduced to $385k on Oct 21; sold for $390k
- 700 1st (mls) listed for $359k on Sept 7; reduced to $339k on Oct 16; solf for $324k
- 814 Willow (mls) listed for $349.9k on Sept 21; sold for $320k
8 price reductions
139 Total Active 1BRs
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
15 new listings
- 215 Monroe (mls) listed on Feb 21 for $519k
- 1120 Clinton (mls) listed on Feb 7 for $525k
- 531 Park (mls) listed on Sept 27 for $409k; reduced to $399k on Oct 19
- 904 Jefferson (mls) listed on Jan 11 for $575k
- 119 Madison (mls) listed on Feb 3 for $489k
- 1325 Adams (mls) listed for $520k for May 6; reduced to $500k on Oct 13; sold for $460k
- 70 Adams (mls) listed for $549k on Nov 2; reduced to $540k on Dec 10; sold for $505k
- 1200 Grand (mls) listed for $559k on Dec 9; sold at full asking price
- 1100 Clinton (mls) listed for $515k on Nov 5; sold for $485k
10 price reductions
191 Total Active 2BRs
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
3 new listings
- 1425 Garden (mls) listed on Dec 29 for $1,282.5k
- 109 Harrison (mls) listed for $729k on Dec 8; sold for $695k
no price reductions
35 Total Active 3BRs
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!