The Weekly Thursday Wrap-Up – Downtown Jersey City Condo Sales & Activity for the Week Ended March 24, 2011
Downtown Jersey City Condos Sales & Activity – Week of March 24th, 2011
HobokenRealEstateNews recognizes that our readership extends beyond our fair city’s one mile boundries. Hoboken buyers are often interested in what their money will buy in the downtown Jersey City market, just as Jersey City sellers often wish to reach out to affluent Hoboken buyers (and vice versa.) As such, we now publish the Jersey City Weekly Thursday Wrap-Up (WTWU) and we’ve expanded our popular Hoboken Open House Google Map to include downtown JC as well.
It’s getting close to the filing deadline of April 1st. Keep in mind that the City has a 15% margin of error. If your assessment does not multiply out to at least 15% over the current market value of your property, you are not likely to be successful in an appeal. The “upper limit” multiplier for Hoboken is .3407. To see where you are at, take your assessed value and divide by .3407. For example, if your assessed value is 175,000, the result would be $513,648. Your property value must be less than $513k to win.
Here is this week’s condo sales report:
Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Century 21 Listings are identified with “C21″ after the address. Other listings are from the MLS and are identified with “MLS” after the address. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 279 active Jersey City condo units – vs. 286 last week
- 15 new listings vs. 20 last week
- 10 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 8 dabos last week
- 7 sold vs. 5 sold
- 15 price reductions vs 8
- 5 expired listings vs. 3
Studio & 1 Bedroom Downtown Jersey City Condos:
7 new listing
- 88 Morgan (mls) listed on Sept 14 for $388.9k; reduced on Nov 22 to $349.5k
- 134 Morris (mls) listed on Feb 18 for $240k.
- 15 Warren St. (mls) listed on Feb 28 for $$395k
- 105 Greene St. (mls) listed on Nov 5 for $465k; sold for $440k
- 20 2nd St. (mls) listed on Jan 21 for $335k; sold for $340k
- 201 Luis Marin (mls) listed on Sept 20 for $349.9k; reduced on Nov 29 to $329.9k; sold for $350k
- 240 9th St. (mls) listed on Sept 28 for $309k; reduced on Oct 19 to $299.9k; reduced on Jan 6 to $289k; sold for $271k
6 price reductions
113 Total Active 1BRs
Two Bedroom Downtown Jersey City Condos:
4 new listings
- 330 1st (mls) listed on Oct 6 for $499k; reduced on Nov 18 to $487.6k; reduced on Feb 2 to $475k.
- 167 Wayne (mls) listed on Jul 26 for $649k; reduced on Oct 1 to $599k.
- 700 Grove (mls) listed on Oct 21 for $475k; reduced on Jan 11 to $464.9k.
- 380 7th (mls) listed on Jul 29 for $296k; reduced on Oct 12 to $279k.
- 1 Greene St. (mls) listed on Mar 17 for $425k.
- 245 8th (mls) listed on Mar 1 for $380k.
- 212 4th St. (mls) listed on Dec 24 for $599k; sold for $573.5k.
- 389 York (mls) listed on Dec 8 for $329k; sold for $353k
- 580 Jersey Ave. (mls) listed on Sept 1 for $330k; reduced on Sept 22 $324k; reduced on Jan11 to $299k; sold for $280k
6 Price Reduction
139 Total Active 2BRs
Three Bedroom and Larger Downtown Jersey City Condos:
4 new listings
- 159 2nd (mls) listed on Feb 18 for $559k
3 price reductions
27 Total Active 3BRs
Hoboken and Downtown Jersey City Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories (Hoboken only) just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!