Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of April 13th, 2011
Almost every day someone asks me “how is the market doing“? To me, the answer if pretty clear – prices are still headed downward.
Which is why it always amazes me to see sellers asking for what they paid for their condo back in ’06 or ’07 without having done any real renovations or other work to justify the price. Even if they were to be so lucky as to get a buyer to bite, what do you think is going to happen when the appraisal takes place? The property doesn’t appraise and the sales price gets renegotiated because the bank won’t make the loan. When that does happen, the sellers are in a bind. They’ve taken their place off the market, probably committed to buying another residence and have made plans to move on with their lives. The buyers have them over a barrel.
Here are the March 2011 Hoboken condo sales results:
Here is this week’s condo sales report:
Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Century 21 Listings are identified with “C21″ after the address. Other listings are from the MLS and are identified with “MLS” after the address. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 380 active Hoboken condo units – vs. 364 last week
- 13 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 13 dabos last week
- 7 sold vs. 22 sold
- 45 new listings vs. 31
- 20 price reductions vs 20
- 4 expired listings vs. 11
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
- 512 Jeff (C21) listed on Mar 22 for $380k.
- 1500 Hudson (mls) listed on Jan 14 for $399k; reduced on Feb 16 to $379k; on Mar 15 to $359k.
- 218 Willow (mls) listed on Mar 7 for #399k.
- 300 Newark (mls) listed on Oct 13 for $399k; reduced on Nov 8 to $389k; sold for $375k.
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
- 323 Jackson (mls) listed on Feb 26 for $350k; reduced on Mar 30 to $335k.
- 400 9th (mls) listed on Mar 14 for $525k; reduced on Mar 25 to $510k.
- 530 Mad (mls) listed on Mar 7 for $469k.
- 635 6th St (mls) listed on Nov 8 $449k.
- 224 Bloom (mls) listed on Mar 15 for $599k
- 1331 Grand (mls) listed on Jun 15 for $479k.
- 350 7th (mls) listed on Mar 15 for $639k.
- 420 Jeff (mls) listed on Mar 15 for $419k.
- 659 1st (mls) listed on Mar 1 for $550k.
- 812 Grand (mls) listed on Jan 17 for $499k; sold for $487.5k.
- 82 Jackson (mls) listed on Nov 13 for $355k; sold for $325k.
- 1500 Hudson (mls) listed on Oct 28 for $870k; sold for $825k.
- 800 Jackson (mls) listed on Mar 22 for $573k; sold for $540k.
- 825 Wash (C21) listed on Jan 27 for $669k; reduced on Feb 18 to $650k; sold for $622.5k.
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
- 81 Jeff (mls) listed on Mar 8 for $580k; reduced on Mar 14 to $549k; on Mar 31 to $529k.
- 520 Park (mls) listed on Jan 14 for $587k; reduced on Oct 12 to $558k; on Oct 27 to $530k; Jan 18 to $515k; sold for $495k.
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be eee new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at email@example.com letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!