Categories: Weekly Wednesday Wrap Up
Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of May 25th, 2011
Cushman & Wakefield note Hoboken’s “insatiable rental demand” as they talk about the sale of 800 Madison to CBRE Investors. At the same time, the NY Times opines about the continued fall in the housing market thanks to the banks’ unwillingness to cooperate in loan modifications and loan servicing problems. I guess the Hoboken sellers who want to sell but not at such a great loss can take solace in the fact that should they choose to rent their property out, instead of selling it, there is a strong rental market in Hoboken. Now we should only continue the reform of Hoboken’s archaic and convoluted rent control regulations. That would help these sellers more than anything.
This Weeks Condo Sales & Activity
Century 21 listings are indicated with a “C21″ after the address. Other listings are from the MLS. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 395 active Hoboken condo units – vs. 393 last week
- 17 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 8 dabos last week
- 18 sold vs. 19 sold
- 26 new listings vs. 35
- 20 price reductions vs 27
- 3 expired listings vs. 0
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
12 new listing
- 108 Jackson 3C listed on Apr 1 for $380k.
- 235 Monroe #8 listed on May 29 for $285k; Jul 7 $249k; Aug 10 $235k; Jan 15 $229k.
- 1500 Hudson 9D listed on May 4 for $500k.
- 551 Observer 8G listed on Apr 8 for $320k.
- 427 Garden #3 listed on May 17 for $385k.
- 1001 Clinton #3F listed on Feb 11 for $345k
- 818 Jeff 4E listed on Feb 2 for $379; Feb 16 to $365k; Mar 24 to $349k; sold for $344.5k.
- 800 Jackson 305 listed on Oct 11 for $429k; sold for $406k.
- 422 Mad 3R listed on Jan 21 for $210k; sold for $202.5k.
- 700 1st 17N listed on Nov 30 for $425k; sold for $425k.
9 price reductions
164 Total Active 1BRs
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
12 new listings
- 84 Bloom #9 listed on Apr 12 for $450k.
- 402 9th E5F listed on May 5 for $656k.
- 717 Mad 3S listed on May 16 for $487.5k.
- 208 Willow #101 listed on Apr 6 for $425k.
- 205 14th St 2R listed on May 9 for $287.5k.
- 700 1st St 12M listed on Apr 8 for $447k.
- 736 Garden #A listed on Jun 21 for $600k; Sep 13 to $549k; Oct 18 to $529k; Jan 28 to $485k.
- 700 1st 6M listed on Mar 27 for $460k; Apr 20 to $440k.
- 727 Monroe 503 listed on Mar 16 for $530k; Apr 5 go $515k; May 5 to $500k.
- 108 Jackson 3B listed on Jan 20 for $499k; Mar 6 to $487k; sold for $480k.
- 220 Wash 3A listed on Feb 12 for $499.5k; sold for $485k.
- 530 Mad 6C listed on Feb 12 for $519k; Mar 7 to $498k; sold for $490k.
- 800 Jackson 303 listed on Feb 15 for $475k; sold for $470k.
- 313 Monroe #1 listed on Dec 15 for $480k; Mar 1 to $449k; sold for $435k.
- 226 Park #4 listed on Dec 4 for $649k; sold for $635k.
- 201 Bloom #8 listed on Mar 21 for $457k; sold for $472.5k.
- 132 Monroe 2B listed on Mar 9 for $495k; sold for $485k.
- 224 Bloom #11 listed on Mar 15 for $599k; sold for $599k
8 price reductions
195 Total Active 2BRs
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
2 new listings
- 536 Bloom #2 listed on May 6 for $565k.
- 532 Adams OA listed on Mar 8 for $469k.
- 800 Jackson 914 listed on Feb 14 for $592k; sold for $585k
- 201 Bloom #8 listed on Mar 21 for $475k; sold for $472.5k.
- 300 Wash #4 listed on Jan 3 for $349k; sold for $360k.
- 609 Observer 504 listed on Jan 13 for $900k; sold for $870k.
- 22 Willow Terrace listed on Nov 29 for $619k; sold for $618k.
3 price reduction
36 Total Active 3BRs
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be eee new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!