Categories: Weekly Thursday Wrap Up
Downtown Jersey City Condos Sales & Activity – Week of June 9th, 2011
Look Out Jersey City – We’re Coming Your Way!
In the next week or two – as soon as we get the tech end of things worked out – we will be launching JerseyCityRENews.com. Downtown Jersey City will have its own blog, a sister to HobokenRealEstateNews.com. We will let you know when its up and running.
I did Howie a favor today, as he is typically the one who prepared the Jersey City weekly report, and did this for him. My horror at seeing the details of the Downtown Jersey City listings is beyond words. What do you think of these actual photos from JC listings:
1. Dirty Dishes in Sink
This is one of my favorites because not only do you get the clutter on the counter and the stuff on the stove but there is an excellent view of the dirty dishes in the sink.
Another winner with an unmade bed and a good shot of the box spring. Note the item of clothing tossed on top of the sheets. Now come on, how hard is it for the agent who took this photo to clear off the bed?
3. Storage Bins
I love this shot of the empty room except for the pile of storage bins in the corner.
The part of all this that I find most appalling is that the agency representing the seller in these photos (these units actually sold) and others just like them often make over $10,000 for their work on the sale. Does this look like the quality of work that deserves that sort of compensation? I know what I think but I wonder what you all think.
We see an opportunity in Jersey City to serve sellers. We believe that if sellers are going to pay to have an agent representing them, they deserve outstanding representation and quality work of a professional caliber. Look out Jersey City – we are coming your way!
Here is this week’s condo sales report:
Disclaimer: The data relating to real estate transactions on this web site comes in part from the Hudson County MLS. While some of these listings are, in fact, our listings they are not ALL our listings nor do we hold them out as such. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- 296 active Jersey City condo units – vs. 296 last week
- 21 new listings vs. 14 last week
- 10 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 11 dabos last week
- 6 sold vs. 2 sold
- 13 price reductions vs 16
- 10 expired listings vs. 6
Studio & 1 Bedroom Downtown Jersey City Condos:
5 new listings
- 229 Brunswick #2 listed on Apr 27 for $177.5k.
- 229 3rd #3R listed on Mar 23 for $279k.
- 389 Washington (A Condos) #16D listed on May 10 for $295k.
- 200 6th St. #3R listed on Jun 30 for $269k.
- 689 Marin (Zephyr Lofts) PH 2D listed on Sep 17 for $439k; reduced on Dec 23 to $399k; sold for $375k.
- 2 2nd St. (Crystal Point) #1408 listed on Dec 6 for $540k; reduced on Jan 11 to $520k; sold for $485k.
4 price reductions
122 Total Active 1BRs
Two Bedroom Downtown Jersey City Condos:
12 new listings
- 389 Washington (A Condos) #29A listed on Apr 25 for $610k; reduced on May 10 to $599k.
- 66 Morris #102 listed on Jan 3 for $678k.
- 122 Bright #3E listed on Mar 28 for $300k.
- 380 7th St. #2A listed on May 24 for $260k.
- 140 Bay St. #7-O listed on Mar 7 for $639k.
- 311 Washington #3A listed on Feb 2 for $559k; reduced Mar 31 to $539k; sold for $525k.
- 78 Wayne #403 listed on Apr 14 for $595k; sold for $580k.
- 700 Grove #3L listed on Oct 21 for $475k; reduced on Jan 11 to $465k; sold for $448k.
- 78 Wayne #402 listed on Jun 7 for $685k; sold for $654k.
- 78 Wayne #203 listed on Oct 12 for $585k; sold for $558k.
7 Price Reductions
136 Total Active 2BRs
Three Bedroom and Larger Downtown Jersey City Condos:
3 new listings
- 306 2nd St. #B listed on Mar 24 for $429k.
2 price reductions
27 Total Active 3BRs
Hoboken and Downtown Jersey City Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be emailed the new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories (Hoboken only) just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the daily email list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!