Categories: Hoboken Condos
Hoboken Condos Sales & Activity – Week of June 29th, 2011
The Hoboken condo market continues to chug along. The average price of what sold this week was about $470,000. New listings hit the market this week with an overall average asking price of around $465k. That seems like a good match.
The consistently played out story tends to be not enough 3 bedroom units are hitting the market. Maybe that’s why 904 Jeff sold for 40k over asking this week. Is it really worth that? I wonder.
I’m seeing some really well-priced starter 1 bedrooms get listed, some for under $300k, but the first time buyers are still having a difficult time with financing. People – get your condos FHA approved! Many buyers don’t have the 20% most lenders want as a down payment. There are some good mortgage people out there, however, who can work with 10% and still get you a good rate.
I love how the new listing for 419 Adams is promoted with a photo of Fiore’s Deli. Living across from Fiore’s is a real benefit for some people. Given that we can only post 9 pictures and one has to be the building facade, why do so many agents not even bother to do that? Four photos? Are you kidding me? I’m still perplexed by the sideway’s photo of 537 Garden. Were I the owner trying to sell my property and my agent not only posted a sideways photo, but left it that way for weeks, I’d be livid.
I’m also seeing some exceptionally low priced, large 2 bedroom units at 551 Observer (The Skyline) but the maintenance fees are in the stratosphere. I’ve been told the association is getting it’s house in order. Should the fees come back down to earth, those properties are good buy. I do love the NYC views!
You know what is just outrageous? That we don’t have a category for “1 bedroom plus den” in our MLS. Wouldn’t you, the consumer, want to know if the property you are about to see is a real 2 bedroom or has a second room with no windows? You would think serving the consumers’ interests would be a priority. #Fail.
Outdoor space – such a nice thing to have this time of year. I say this while sitting on my screened-in deck looking out over the forest. Even in the city, though, there is nothing like a yard, a roof deck or terrace. Especially one with a view like the deck at 1021 Clinton. You can’t tell from the listing which floor the bedrooms are on in this duplex and which floor is the kitchen/ living space. In some homes, you have to walk through the bedroom to get to the terrace. I picture the plate of food just off the grill dripping onto my gorgeous bed linens. Yuck.
So why am I writing all this if I’m on vacation? Maybe my broker remarks should say “no negotiations ,discussions or blogging while on holiday” the way some agents say “all negotiations Monday through Friday only”. Personally, if there were a buyer interested enough in one of my listings to be negotiating price, I have a real hard time refusing to take a few calls over the weekend to work for my seller. It’s just the nature of the job and my nature as a good business person.
This Week’s Condo Sales & Activity:
- 385 active Hoboken condo units – vs. 386 last week
- 10 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner i.e. under contract) vs. 10 dabos last week
- 24 sold vs. 16 sold
- 27 new listings vs. 22
- 18 price changes vs. 22
- 5 expired listings vs. 3
Studio & 1 Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
10 new listings
- 2 Constitution #1105 listed 4/15 for $425k
- 223 Bloom #3F listed 5/14 for $439k; reduced 6/9 to $425k.
- 551 Observer #11G listed on 3/28 for $320k; sold for $299k
- 909 Willow #2 listed on 3/18 for $359k; reduced 4/5 to $349k; sold for $333k
- 308 Monroe 2L listed on 1/19 for $199k; sold for $199k
- 419 Adams 2A listed on 4/1 for $350k; sold for $344k
10 price reductions
158 Total Active 1BRs
Two Bedroom Hoboken Condos:
15 new listings
- 133 Jackson 4A listed 3/4 for $439k; reduced 4/18 to $419k
- 812 Grand #502 listed 5/26 for $509k.
- 1025 Maxwell #1106 listed 3/23 $850k; reduced 5/10 to $835k
- 603 Madison #A listed 1/11 for $469k; reduced 6/1 to $459
- 77 Jefferson #4A listed 3/7 for $515K; reduced 5/31 to $510k
- 123 Jackson 4A listed 3/30 for $510k; reduced 6/7 to $499k
- 700 1st 3C listed 3/23 for $399k
- 736 Garden #A listed 6/21 for $600k; reduced 9/13 to $549k; 10/18 to $529k; 1/28 to $485k; sold for $430k
- 915 Madison 4F listed 4/5 for $480k; sold for $467k
- 1200 Grand #326 listed 3/4 for $500k; sold for $485k
- 550 2nd St 1F listed 4/12 for $385k; sold for $372k
- 1200 Grand #212 listed 3/4 for $499k; sold for $521k
- 812 Grand #207 listed 3/25 for $440k; sold for $427k
- 1120 Clinton 2D listed 12/6 for $475k; reduced 12/20 to $465k; 2/2 to $445k; sold for $428k
- 1500 Garden 5C listed 3/22 for $829k; sold for $810k
- 716 Adams 3E listed 2/18 for $379k; reduced 4/4 to $359k; sold for $340k
- 207 14th 3F listed 2/10 for $360k; reduced 3/16 to $345k; 4/8 to $335k; sold for $325k
- 1500 Wash 1 O listed 10/3 for $685k; reduced 1/16 to %665k; sold for $644k
7 price reductions
190 Total Active 2BRs
Three Bedroom and Larger Hoboken Condos:
2 new listings
- 1500 Garden 5C listed 3/22 for $829k; sold for $810k
- 904 Jefferson 3K listed on 5/3 for $750k; sold for $790k!!!
1 price reduction
38 Total Active 3BRs
Hoboken Condo Open Houses
Want to Receive New Listings & Price Reductions Daily?
If you would like to be see new listings and price reductions each weekday in either 1br, 2br or 3br categories just email us at [email protected] letting us know which size(s) you would like and we’ll add you to the list.
For more information you can always contact us at 201 993 9500.
Thanks for reading and, as always, we welcome your comments!