The Weekly Wednesday Wrap-Up – Hoboken Residential Sales and Activity for the Week of October 8th, 2014
As of October 8th, 2014:
- 189 active Hoboken listings
- 165 Condo & Co-op listings, compared to 171 last week
- 9 Single-family listings, compared to 9 last week
- 15 Multi-family listings, compared to 13 last week
This Week’s Residential Property Sales & Activity:
- 16 DABOs (Deposit Accepted By Owner and Under Contract) vs. 16 last week
- 23 Sold vs 23 last week
- 17 New listings vs. 27 last week
- 14 Price changes vs. 11 last week
- 1 expired listing vs. 0 last week
Studio & 1-Bedroom Properties
64 Active listings
9 New listings
6 Price changes
- 88 Park Ave., 3N listed Sept 23 for $369K;
- 218 Jefferson St., G listed July 17 for $415K;
- 818 Willow Ave., 2L listed Sept 29 for $435K;
- 1100 Adams St., 309 listed Aug 19 for $525K; reduced Sept 22 to $499K;
- 700 1st St., 17T listed July 1 for $650K; reduced Aug 8 to $639K;
- 1450 Washington St., 906 lsited Sept 24 for $679K;
- 79 Garden St., 3 listed June 13 for $319K; reduced June 19 to $304K; reduced July 23 to $299K; sold for $285K;
- 139 Bloomfield St., 4 listed July 24 for $295K; sold for $299K;
- 81 Grand St., 4A listed June 9 for $415K; reduced July 7 to $395K; sold for $384K;
- 123 Willow Ave., 4 listed June 1 for $415K; reduced Jun 27 to $399K; sold for $395K;
- 1500 Washington St., 10T listed July 9 for $500K; sold for $480K;
- 1100 Maxwell Ln, 427 listed July 31 for $560K; sold for $554K;
- 1100 Maxwell Ln., 605 listed Aug 1 for $845K; sold for $842K;
79 Active listings
5 New listings
6 Price changes
- 221 Clinton St., 2R listed Sept 23 for $469K;
- 1011 Willow Ave., 2 listed Sept 30 for $489K;
- 807 Garden St., 7 listed Sept 25 for $499K;
- 300 Park Ave., 3 listed Sept 4 for $525K;
- 204-206 Jackson St., 5 listed Sept 8 for $615K;
- 1100 Adams St., 201 listed Sept 26 for $629K;
- 1100 Maxwell Ln., 703 listed Aug 19 for $1.20M;
- 350 7th St., 5C listed Sept 3 for $1.975M;
- 76 Jackson St., 3R listed July 22 for $429K; sold for $437K;
- 627 Madison St., B listed June 25 for $489K; sold for $475K;
- 324 Garden St., 3 listed Aug 5 for $485K; sold for $516K;
- 88 Monroe St., 1 listed July 23 for $550K; sold for $550K;
- 510 Monroe St., 205 listed April 14 for $560K; sold for $560K;
- 700 Bloomfield St., Prlr listed July 7 for $600K; sold for $610K;
- 1300 Grand St., 606 listed July 2 for $675K; sold for $680K;
- 727 Monroe St., 405 listed July 14 for $699K; sold for $700K;
- 729 Madison St., 4H listed July 22 for $750K; sold for $713K;
- 1100 Maxwell Ln., 313 listed Aug 1 for $885K; sold for $885K;
- 1100 Maxwell Ln., 504 listed June 24 for $1.149M; sold for $1.140M;
- 1100 Maxwell Ln., 522 listed Aug 1 for $1.090M; sold for $1.182M;
3-Bedroom & Larger Properties
22 Active listings
3 New listings
2 Price changes
15 Multi-Family Active listings
9 Single-Family Active listings
- 212 Adams St., 4 listed Sept 9 for $739K;
- 208 Newark St., listed Sept 8 for $2.50M;
- 532 Adams St., A listed May 14 for $575K; reduced July 8 to $545K; sold for $510K;
- 1107 Grand St., 3B listed April 10 for $899K; reduced May 12 to $859K; sold for $815K;
- 237 Bloomfield St., listed July 15 for $1.150M; sold for $1.216M;
- 1500 Hudson St., 10F listed July 8 for $1.60M; sold for $1.510M;
Currently No Comments »|
Categories: Hoboken Condos
AirBnB has become quite a phenomena. Many folks took advantage of the opportunity to use AirBnB to rent out their Hoboken condo or brownstone during the SuperBowl for thousands a week. The AirBnB movement is growing, despite opposition from New York City government and the hotel industry. Municipalities like New York are against it, primarily, because of the lack of payment of hotel tax to the City on these transactions.
If you look at the AirBnB site, you’ll find many accommodations available in Hoboken. Some are in Hoboken condos, others in rental buildings like The Shipyard. It’s easy for me to identify the buildings just from the photos. I wonder if the Shipyard management knows about it. Short-term rentals may seem like a great way to recoup some extra money when you’re going to be on vacation, or out of town on business, but is it?
First of all, most condo associations prohibit short-term rentals right in the Master Deeds and By-Laws. Condo boards ought to be thinking about whether they want to enforce these provisions with penalties for violations or if they wish to put such restrictions into place if they don’t already exist. Some things for condo boards to consider:
- If you live in a condo building, do you want non-residents coming and going with increased frequency?
- Might it be a security concern to have transient people coming and going in the building?
- Is there an increased likelihood of noise, parties, drunken behavior?
- What about use of building amenities? Damage to common areas?
- Is there a liability issues should someone slip and fall, leave a sink running, or throw something off a balcony?
Besides these issues, there have been instances where the AirBnB “guest” has tried to assert rights as “tenant” and has refused to vacate the host property after the AirBnB reservation expired. Remember, under New Jersey law, tenants have extreme protection from eviction. You might think you are entitled to your own condo when the week us up, but a guest that won’t leave may be considered a tenant under the law and have the right to stay!
Personally, the idea of sleeping in someone else’s bed and vacationing in the midst of their personal belongings sort of grosses me out. I’ll take a room at the W over that any day. Of course, there is a price difference. Do you think you’d want your neighbor to rent out their apartment to travelers? Love to hear your thoughts.
Currently 6 Comments »|
The Hoboken & Downtown JC Open House Google Map for Saturday, October 4th & Sunday, October 5th, 2014
The Original and Best Open House Google Map!
Courtesy of the Turoff Realty Team
No need to register! No form to fill out!
Just click on the map below to see every Open House in Hoboken this weekend:
When you look at the maps, place markers are color coded:
- Studios & 1BRs are red
- 2BRs are green
- 3BRs & Bigger are yellow
- New listings are marked with a Push Pin icon (in the same color scheme.)
Click the “Address”, “Price” “Bed” or “Details” columns to sort the list of open houses in ascending or descending order.
Click on the location marker for:
- open house date
- unit size
- asking price
- link to all the info found on the MLS and more (from ourHobokensBestHomes.com IDX feed.)
Currently No Comments »|